Me, Myself &and I

My photo
Welcome to my blog! ^.^ I hope to share, capture my days and inspire all of you through my experiences. I blog about restaurants, beauty products, news & events and lifestyle. I only write my honest opinions on everything and will not accept any fee or commission for putting up ads here. I believe that all women are beautiful, life is a test and a wonderful gift, being thankful takes you a long way and that photography is an amazing invention.

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Review: Crabtree & Evelyn Soaps

I have been using Lush soaps for the longest time now - has it been more than 2 years?! I believe so. I wanted to try out new soaps for a change, not that I'm tired of Lush (Lush is great!). I headed to Crabtree & Evelyn to find out what impression their soaps would leave me with. They're known for luxury pampering bath and body products and they also have oils for oil burners and diffusers.

These are the first products I have bought from the shop. Here's my review (apologies the pictures are quite dark, I didn't have enough light):


From left to right: Pomegranate Soap with Argan & Grapeseed Oil and Lime Glycerine Soap




First impressions
The Pomegranate soap smells wonderful, fruity, light and refreshing. The shop assistant allowed me to trial its lotion on my hands and that was when I decided, out of all the soaps, this is my first choice.

The Result
This lathers up very well. I liked this and I felt that one of the things some Lush soaps lack in, is the fact that they don't lather up so much, which is a shame because they have so many nice soaps!
The scent is amazing. Although overall I have to say I was disappointed it didn't last long. I want a soap that will leave me with a lasting impression and one that lingers on one's skin for hours. This didn't make that mark. I wouldn't say I don't recommend this as soaps work differently on each of our skins. For those of you who do end up trying it and finding out its scent stays on your skin for longer, you're the lucky ones because it smells divine!
So I'll give it a 5/10 rating purely based on its result.







First Impressions
It was so many years back since I tried a Glycerine soap and it was for this reason I wanted one. Having smelt all the glycerine soaps instore, this Lime soap reminded me of a scent many years back. I still can't quite remember where I smelt it but the oddest thing is, it leaves me with a happy feeling. And that was when I decided I'll get this soap.

The Result
The scent is the main thing I like about this soap. It also lathers up well. Though again, the after-effect of this soap didn't impress me, so if I were to get this soap again, it'll be purely for its scent. My rating for this would also have to be 5/10 based on its result only.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...