Me, Myself &and I

My photo
Welcome to my blog! ^.^ I hope to share, capture my days and inspire all of you through my experiences. I blog about restaurants, beauty products, news & events and lifestyle. I only write my honest opinions on everything and will not accept any fee or commission for putting up ads here. I believe that all women are beautiful, life is a test and a wonderful gift, being thankful takes you a long way and that photography is an amazing invention.

Wednesday 7 March 2012

DKNY Golden Delicious Review

During the weekend, DKNY launched 3 new perfumes. All their scents are based on yummy desserts. Having smelt them all I opted for the Pink Macaroon perfume. I will blog about this later. With the purchase, I received numerous samples, most of which are DKNY perfumes, so I will blog about them all once I trial them properly.


{Above: All the samples I was given}

Let me start with the DKNY Golden Delicious Eau be Parfum...

DKNY Golden Delicious does not disappoint and lives up to its name.

The perfume bottle has a joyful aura compared to the other DKNY apples, which lures you into giving it a chance to see what it can offer. So if you see one around, 'take a special bite' as DKNY says.



DKNY has released a few apple scents now, each unique in their own way. If you like the scent of sweet apples, DKNY has it. If you prefer sour apples, DKNY has that too. For me though, my apple elixir is Nina Ricci's apple because it's sweeter and more intense which is more to my preference.



DKNY Golden Delicious opens up with the scent of freshly bit apples and orange blossom, then quickly sinks into more floral notes. Vanilla and lilly of the valley are distinguishable and these are complimented by the base notes of musk and sandalwood. This combination caught me off guard as I expected the usual apple scent to stay from its top notes all the way to its base notes.

But this difference is exactly what makes this scent 'Golden'.

It is also what makes this scent wearable for both the day and the night and to any occasion. It is a more mature scent but it still has that innocence in it ,it's more vibrant and it is a very happy scent to put on.



If you're looking for a fragrance for spring, try this. Upon testing it, it lasted 4-5 hours on average.



The only down point to this fragrance is the fact that in my opinion it resembles Dior's J'adore but doesn't compare to it so it lacks originality. But it is possible that I am just being harsh!



Other than that, I think this is one of the best fragrances released by DKNY.


2 comments:

Carol Lee said...

Granted that you describe closest to what Golden Delicious really smells then i need to have this in my perfume collection.

discount perfume

Unknown said...

This is a good perfume for working woman. A detailed review is also available here http://perfumereviewguide.com/dkny-golden-delicious-perfume-review/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...