Me, Myself &and I

My photo
Welcome to my blog! ^.^ I hope to share, capture my days and inspire all of you through my experiences. I blog about restaurants, beauty products, news & events and lifestyle. I only write my honest opinions on everything and will not accept any fee or commission for putting up ads here. I believe that all women are beautiful, life is a test and a wonderful gift, being thankful takes you a long way and that photography is an amazing invention.

Saturday 23 October 2010

My Last Weekend (Catching Up...)

Last weekend, I went to watch Despicable Me at IMAX! I enjoyed the whole movie from beginning to end. I didn't use to be a big fan of Pixar, but the more of them I watch, the more I'm getting into them. And with 3D now available, twice the excitement and galore.

I won't add in any spoilers here so I'll make it very brief. Despicable Me is about a 'good' villain trying to make a living of well... being a villain. He meets his competition in a form of another villain called Vector. And both compete with one another to be the greatest villain. In the midst of all this, there are light hearted jokes, both adult and kid humour and some heart warming scenes.

Recommended for anyone and everyone.

I think it'll teach us all a thing or two =)


Picture taken at IMAX.





The next day I attended a Bollywood Concert featuring the singer Shreya Ghoshal.
She sings the voices for actresses in Bollywood movies; her first song began in the movie Devdas. You can watch one of her performances that day by clicking here. That's one of my favourite songs! Perhaps I'll put the video up here in another post =)
I recorded live videos but won't be uploading them online as they're too lengthy, but I'll leave you with (an unexciting) a picture from the concert.




I'm totally into lipsticks right now. For those watching Mad Men - yes it might be a side effect from the female characters there and their sense of femininity. Nothing can ever replace a lipstick! No lip glosses or lip balms or lip scrubs can take its place. A lipstick, I think, defines a woman's lips, imprints femininity onto it. From the moment you apply it.... revealing its old fashioned shape; to looking into the mirror and perfecting its colour onto your lips...leaving a wonderful pout and distinct colour.


Clinique's Creamy Nude Long Last Lipstick is what I'm currently using. Admiring its colour - neutral and blends in so well. I think this is one tone that will suit all women.






And finally, my thoughts on another perfume sample from Superdrug...
Ricci Ricci by Nina Ricci.

I don't like this perfume as much as Nina's apple scenting one because it's too concentrated on the floral notes. This said, this is not so floral as one might expect...although I prefer floral perfumes to have a balanced mixed of some sweet scents to suit all occasions.

Is it just me or are floral scents not suitable for application when you have a headache?


Top notes: Rhubarb Zest, Bergamot.

Heart notes: Moonflower, Indian Tuberose, CentifoliaRose.

Base notes: Patchouli, Sandalwood.


6.5/10




2 comments:

Ebanehita said...

i love that whole paragraph on lipstick!! mad men is soooooo good, and you should really write for magazines :D

' Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sσrℓisค ... , said...

=P thanks!
you should blog about beauty too... I'd be interested to see how you'd review products and what you try out...!

Mad Men seems to have inspired a lot of women...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...