Me, Myself &and I

My photo
Welcome to my blog! ^.^ I hope to share, capture my days and inspire all of you through my experiences. I blog about restaurants, beauty products, news & events and lifestyle. I only write my honest opinions on everything and will not accept any fee or commission for putting up ads here. I believe that all women are beautiful, life is a test and a wonderful gift, being thankful takes you a long way and that photography is an amazing invention.

Monday 31 January 2011

Some Almond Biscotti for dessert, por favor.

' Almond Biscotti ... ,

You can find these in almost all the coffee shops. Although, I'm shocked at the large amounts of fat & calories contained in those! So I decided to try out a healthier version, which also turned out to be simple to make...

Recipe taken from here.

Made up of simple ingredients, this recipe is straight forward to follow. The baking takes quite a while, so patience is needed =P

[I baked these in a hurry and it's the first time I've ever tried to make these, so apologies for the look of them! >.<]

N.B. These aren't all the steps! I just selected a few steps to feature.

-------------------------


Roasting the almonds to heighten their taste...



....now time to beat 3 eggs with the vanilla and almond extracts....




... 3/4 cup of sugar - not at all too much =P ...



...add it in with the flour...


...combining EVERYTHING...


...rolling it out & measuring...


...the first stage of baking...


...*Optional* - and whilst waiting for the second stage of baking, time to make the chocolate sauce...
(don't follow this step! As my chocolate sauce turned out to be a disaster haha...! )


...and the final product ....
...a mix of non-chocolate & chocolate coated biscottis!





-------------------------



' ... Today's sunset from the heart of London ^.^ ... ,





2 comments:

Ebanehita said...

on a lighter note.........
Cant believe u made biscotti!! wow it looks so good.
yum yum....mmmm lol

' Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sσrℓisค ... , said...

thanks! ^.^
you should try and make those too if you like them, seeing as they're v.easy to bake.
the only thing is... they might be a bit hard to bite... i was surprised with how solid they turned out (like rock solid =/). Let's just say more solid than the normal biscotti

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...