Me, Myself &and I

My photo
Welcome to my blog! ^.^ I hope to share, capture my days and inspire all of you through my experiences. I blog about restaurants, beauty products, news & events and lifestyle. I only write my honest opinions on everything and will not accept any fee or commission for putting up ads here. I believe that all women are beautiful, life is a test and a wonderful gift, being thankful takes you a long way and that photography is an amazing invention.

Thursday 18 November 2010

' Some of my Holy Grails ... ,

After many long stressful days (therefore my empty blog posts >.>), I decided to treat myself to one of the new Magnum ice creams at 1.30 a.m. in the morning...only to wake up with a sore throat. Goodness did this tempt me...

Temptation Chocolate is so rich, yummy, plus it has brownies in it to add to the flavour. What I also liked was the packaging - see for yourself...




Starbucks' Toffee Nut Flavour Syrup

In one my my recent posts (here!), I wrote about how I wish there was a Toffee Nut syrup.....well....I found it!!
I'm starting off my 'Holy Grails' beginning with this syrup because I just couldn't believe Starbucks had it =D I'm so excited! I shall be carrying this with me and pouring it into my coffee beverages...mmmm... (thank you Starbucks =P)

{All 'Holy Grails' are in no particular order}


Lush's Yummy Yummy Yummy Shower Gel

This shower gel is no longer being sold in Lush. For whatever reason, Lush decided to stop producing this product =(. I was disappointed because this remains one of my favourite shower gels. For that reason I stocked up on it in the summer. Made with fresh strawberries and fresh uplifting scents, this will forever remind me of spring and summer times....I almost want to make a Strawberry smoothie just smelling this!



Bobbi Brown's Long Wear Gel Liners

After a lot of trial and error with eye liners, I can finally rest satisfied with Bobbi Brown's liners! I got this set 2 years ago in British Airway's flight. The black pot lasted 2 years! The brown one has barely been used =P so I'm very impressed with not just the quality of this product, but also the value and how long they last for.


Included was a mini brush.


From left to right: The Sepia Ink & Black Ink gel liners.


After the black ink ran out, I had to make a decision of whether I'll get another pot to replace it or try out Shu Uemura's black pots (which I have heard a lot of good reviews on). In the end, I settled for Bobbi Brown's...yes...I'm that satisfied with it! So I ordered it from House of Fraser =)


I am so into this black colour (2 years on!). It's solid and matte (I'm very fond of matte =P all is matte with me). It stays on for the whole day... come rain or shine, you can rely on these. What else is there to be said?



Shu Uemura Glow On Blush in Orange 53

Around spring time this year, I paid a visit to Shu Uemura's store and a make up artist recommended this product. It's used for cheeks...although also recommended for use on eyelids. And this is exactly what I did - and stuck to since then!
I like the subtle colour of this. I think it would suit medium - dark skin tones because it'll really help bring the orange colour out. You can control its light/darkness depending on how much of it you use.
What I like doing is to blend this in gently and create a slightly dark outer lid for an effect.

Takes only seconds to apply!

I like mostly eye make up and minimal...


Oh and the brush shown above is a MAC brush (not sure about the actual name...).




Dior Addict Ultra Gloss

I've had this gloss for just under 5 years now. It's a mini version of the actual ultra gloss.
I absolutely would get another one of these. It smells like candy (almost like Britney Spears' Fantasy perfume...) and the colour is so light and peachy - again, minimal =).



Karma Solid Perfume by Lush

This is a handy solid perfume. It's so convenient; can be stored almost anywhere, although I prefer to put this in my pocket before use in winters, to warm it up (for ease of use =P).
I'm a huge fan of the Karma scent from Lush, so this perfume is a bonus from Lush!

Rub it in areas where you would spray on perfumes. It works like magic =).



Ciate Paint Pots

After Marie Claire offered a free paint pot (I blogged about it here), I was so convinced to get a few more Ciate Paint Pots ... and the discount from Marie Claire coupled with this set already being on sale tempted me further... (how could I resist? >.<).

My favourite nail polish at the moment!

The packaging is so girly. I ordered it from their main site and it was delivered promptly!


My full set of Ciate Paint Pots Collection. Chic designs & shape (don't you just like the ribbons?)!



Almond Milk Body Lotion by the Body Shop

FINALLY, my last but not least (don't you just hate that phrase =P haha) 'Holy Grail' product is the Almond Milk Body Lotion.

I'm so into this product because I'm not a fan of over moisturising products. From experience, they can be a nuisance!
So I found this Milk Body Lotion and I'm glad I found it because this smells great! I'm sure the coconut version would smell even better. Also, this is almost like bathing your skin in almond 'milk' - that is the consistency of the lotion. And this is the most important & remarkable thing about it for me ... the fact that it feels like putting milk on your skin, the product then sinks into your skin almost immediately...leaving you with a matte looking moisturised skin...


Oh and also, it's spray pump makes it so easy to use ... !




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...