Me, Myself &and I

My photo
Welcome to my blog! ^.^ I hope to share, capture my days and inspire all of you through my experiences. I blog about restaurants, beauty products, news & events and lifestyle. I only write my honest opinions on everything and will not accept any fee or commission for putting up ads here. I believe that all women are beautiful, life is a test and a wonderful gift, being thankful takes you a long way and that photography is an amazing invention.

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Dubai Buys


Hi again all ^.^

I've been hibernating for a while and here I am again. I have been keeping up to date with all my followers' blogs (eventhough I don't have the time to comment!).

I will not be posting anything much about my private life on here for those wondering, but from time to time will add in photographs of landscapes and anything memorable...just to fill in the void to my increasing passion for photography.

The reason I've been dormant for a while is because I've been far, far away, in the UAE - Dubai! So I thought I'd start with reviewing some products I bought from there.

Then, perhaps, I'll be blogging on every place I visited there, but keep it short - I'll let the pictures do most of the talking for you....after all, a picture says a thousand words as they say =P

Hand Held Funky Mirror

I got this from Sephora. What attracted me to it was its doll like face at the back of the mirror and the quality of it. Pretty and handy...





Rich Lotion

I'm not sure what this is called exactly. I should have asked >.>
It retailed for £20 at the Dubai Mall. It has a very rich texture...undoubtedly from fine ingredients. The scent is a little overpowering with that note of typical Oudh - Middle Eastern scent, which I absolutely love. A small portion of this can be spread onto a large area and the scent lasts a long time.





Love Rocks by Victoria's Secret

This is the new fragrance launched this season by Victoria's Secret. It's very sweet scenting, which is great as a casual perfume. It settles to a musky candy like scent...which I prefer more so than its initial scent. It's a shame this isn't available here (I did get this in Sephora too!), but I've seen it available online.
Does this beat Britney Spears' Fantasy? Surprisingly not for me.... although the bottle...rocks...!




Sexy Little Things Noir by Victoria's Secret

This is concentrated on the fruity and floral notes...with a distinct nectarine scent and a hint of amber. It's very sensual...great for rainy day wear (if anyone here wears their perfume according to the weather too... )



And finally...some traditional pure Ouds...featuring Amasi & Rakheem





Both of them are strong and although more 'modern' in their scent, they hold the typical warm aroma of the Middle Eastern scent (which I'm sure most of us are familiar with). Just a dab of these on your wrists will be enough. I wouldn't advise using these on clothes... just in case you do use Oudh!
I think this is almost like Marmite - you either love it or you dont. Most Oudhs more or less have the same 'foundation' in its scent, although I have smelt Oudhs which are absolutely amazing...and different. Those weren't available there.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...